5 MOST COMMON REASONS FOR YOUR FINAL DRIVE TO WORK IMPROPERLY
Every mechanism is complex and a hydraulic drive motor for excavators is not an exception. In this article, we would like to list the 5 most common troubleshooting problems with your final drive you might experience.
1. Excessive heating. Is your gearbox casing impossible to touch or is streaming when wet? Check your hydraulic oil. If there’s none, add some. If the oil itself is too hot, have a look at both the cooler and the hydraulic system, the problem might be there.
2. Oil leak. Is your excavator final drive leaking oil from the gearbox cover? Usually, this problem can be caused by a distorted gearbox cover or casing. Another possible reason would be pressure buildup.
3. Drive doesn’t turn. If your motor works, but it’s not driving gearbox, check both first sun gear and motor shaft, one of them might be broken. If neither motor nor gearbox work, the service life of one of them might’ve reached its end. In this case, we would recommend you contact your supplier for further instructions.
4. Excessive vibration. Does the gearbox shudder while turning? It happens when there’s a lack of maintenance or the service life of it ended.
5. Excessive noise. Does it sound like the noise coming from your motor is unusually loud? Check your gearbox for an oil leak. If everything is normal, make sure your bearings and gears are in a good condition, sometimes excessive noise can be caused by the problems with those two.
WEITAI kindly reminds you not to repair or replace your drive until you are 100% sure that you know the reason for this particular failure. Reliable hydraulic suppliers like ourselves are always ready to provide professional technical support to clients at every stage of their customer experience. Please leave a message and our qualified staff will be happy to solve the problems with your hydraulics.
WEITAI Marketing Department